October and I have an interesting relationship...
Sometimes we love each other.... Sometimes we hate each other.
I love fall.
I love the changing of the leaves.
I love pumpkin, oversized sweaters, scarves, boots, bonfires, and football.
I even love how the things of summer are passing away.
To me, October has always meant new things are on the horizon.
I'm okay with that as long the new things are primarily abstract... I don't do so well if they aren't.
This October brings to mind that in 7 months I'll finally be graduating from college.
It also brings to mind that 25 is only 6 months away.
I see two new phases of life on the horizon, and I am flipping out.
Okay so maybe I'm not flipping out.... But I'm definitely doing something.
How do I expel all this energy that is causing the anxiety?
My old way of dealing with things is getting a new tattoo or checking out for a few days. In the real world where you have to be responsible, those can't be the go-to responses.
So what do I do to help myself feel like I have some control over what's about to happen?
Make a list.
I have decided to make a list of 25 things I want to do before I turn 25. Some involve breaking bad habits. Some involve making new ones. Others are things that might seem ridiculous, but hey what else is your 20's for besides being ridiculous....
1. Go somewhere new.
2. Go 30 days without Starbucks.
3. Do a juice cleanse.
4. Eat breakfast and make my bed everyday.
5. Start a "From Where I Stand" photo challenge.
6. Exercise everyday.
7. Go 30 days without Coca-cola.
8. Stop comparing myself to other people.
9. Journal five good things that happen each day.
10. Read the stack of books on my nightstand before adding anymore.
11. Label the grudges I'm holding onto and let them go.
12. Go to a movie by myself.
13. Go 72 hours without social media.
14. Wear sunscreen everyday.
15. Go to a movie by myself.
16. Accept the fact that most "It" celebrities are now younger than me.
17. Truly accept that my curly eyebrows are never going to be perfect, and I'm kidding myself if I think they are.
18. Stop saying "I'm sorry" unless it's actually warranted.
19. Start saving instead of keeping the bare minimum in my saving's account.
20. Let go of my fear of windsocks... Like for real. It's getting to be a bit much.
21. Get over myself and go camping.
22. Learn to have better posture.
23. Accept my introversion and stop trying to be something I'm not.
24. Learn self-defense.
25. Accept that God has put me in this place at this time for a purpose and it's okay for me to not know the reason all of the time.
Utlimately, this list is to help me be the very best version of myself.
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1, ESV)